Monday, June 16, 2008

Thirsting for Thee

I Seek You For I Thirst
Bukas Palad

Though many times I run from You in shame
I lift my hands and call upon Your name
For underneath the shadow of Your wings
My melody is You

O Lord, I seek You for I thirst
Your mercy is the rain on the desert of my soul
O Lord, I raise my lifeless eyes and see Your glory shine
How Your kindess overflows

O Lord, Your sanctuary calls
I yearn to be with You in the rivers of Your love.



I Seek You for I Thirst - Bukas Palad


{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Take and Receive
Bukas Palad
Words attributed to Saint Ignatius Loyola

Take and receive, O Lord, my liberty
Take all my will, my mind, my memory
All things I hold and all I own are Thine
Thine was the gift, to Thee I all resign

Do Thou direct and govern all and sway
Do what Thou wilt, command, and I obey
Only Thy grace, Thy love on me bestow
These make me rich, all else will I forego.



Take And Receive - Bukas Palad


{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I have always grappled with the fact that, often, my body does not do what my heart wants it to do. For many years, I have been tempted by my sinful desires to go against what my conscience wants me to do.

And often, I fell.

Sometimes, so sudden, yet most of the time, it was my own choice. Life may have been so hard, friends uncaring, even God seemed far away. I tried to satisfy my thirst, but then, it seemed I did not thirst enough to seek God Himself.

Lord, help me to thirst for You, and not for anything else.

"Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but only say the Word and I shall be healed."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saint Francis Xavier, pray for us.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Photo credits:
http://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/Society_of_Saint_Pius_X/Vocations/Mens-Communities/Images/CCR-2.jpg
http://www.catholicposters.com/shop/images/products/fullimages/1010.jpg

No comments: