Thursday, June 26, 2008

Building a Stronger Foundation

MATTHEW 7:21-29

"Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name? And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

"Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.

And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it."

And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
The painful happened last night. After a night of hectic schedules, papers to prepare and patient cases to study, I succumbed to my human weakness and committed a sin that made me seek God's forgiveness this morning.

God reminded me through the priest to whom I confessed my sins the value of conversion and building a strong foundation for my faith.

If I am to serve God someday, will I be able to practice what I preach? This is parallel to my post yesterday.

I may be only human, winning and losing battles, but in the end, I am certain that a great Reward awaits those who make this unsung journey.

Please continue to pray for my struggle.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Today is the feast of one of the saints from which I derive inspiration: Saint Josemaria Escriva. I pray that through his example of finding God in all things, I may be able to seek God, and remember Him in all the things I do.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saint Josemaria Escriva and Saint Ignatius of Loyola, my inspirations in finding God in all things, pray for us.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

photo credits:
http://motronsoft.com/Gallery/albums/xinjiang/SandHouse.jpg, http://www.marygrove.edu/facilities/images/details/confessional.jpg, http://www.opusdei.us/image/camp.jpg

No comments: