Thursday, June 5, 2008

Magis

Magis, a treasured virtue of Jesuits, to perform excellently and not settle for average.

I particularly pray that God grant me the grace to fully practice this virtue, to offer my whole life to Christ, and offer my talents excellently to Him. School starts on June 10.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Help me not to be afraid Lord,
When the call to serve You seems so unreal,
When my own desires seem to weaken my zeal
When my willingness to serve You fades with great ordeal

You may have revealed through the years how You have called me
Even from sin You have enlisted me
Now Lord, embolden me when You feel that the call is right
Whether it will take me to the bright of day or the dark of night
Whether it will take me to a different path,
If it is Your will and not mine that will prevail,
Let it be so, and nothing else, but nonetheless,
let your love in my life forever prevail.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

First Companions of Saint Ignatius of Loyola, please pray for me, that I may valiantly leave everything and follow Christ as you did.


{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

photo credits: http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/images/people/ignatius-loyola-writing-med.gif

No comments: