Sunday, July 13, 2008

Preserve me Lord


Preserve me Lord from the tempest within, if it will lead me to abandon You
Preserve me Lord from the dangers beyond, if it will lead me not to serving You
Preserve me Lord from any infirmity, if it will weaken my resolve to love You
But let the tempest within go on, blowing with overwhelming intensity if it is through the storm that I hear Your Voice
Let the dangers beyond prey upon me, if it is through walking the dark valley that I feel safe in Your embrace
Let any infirmity fall upon me, if it is through experiencing the weakness of the flesh that I strengthen Your Spirit within me.
Finally, let me spill my blood if You will let it pass, if thereby I may be able to offer my life and die for the greater glory that is You.

July 13, 2008, 11:36 p.m.
After attending the Jesuit Vocation Seminar
CLC Center, Ateneo de Manila University




photo credit: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/3634/hug1.jpg

No comments: