Thursday, July 17, 2008

Inner Peace


MATTHEW 11:28-30


Jesus said:“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Take my yoke upon you."

How is it to bear the yoke of Jesus? How is it to follow Him?

Surely, the mere fact of following the call of Jesus seems too antithetical to today's world. In today's society where the love of immorality and violence seems to be on mass media everyday, it is quite clear to us that if we are to truly adopt the mind of Christ, we would really get into trouble. One who would ordinarily believe in Christ but not truly trust in Him may end up feeling burdened. "What kind of God have I put my trust on? I feel persecuted, rejected, all alone!" we may end up saying.

But if we truly trust the Lord in our quest of following His call, we can greatly feel how He moves within us and inspires us in our daily life. I firmly believe that if we are to truly strengthen the presence of Christ, no persecution nor rejection shall be strong enough to move our resolve. I believe that if we are to put our faith on God with all our heart, it is only then that the burden of following God's call becomes easy and light.

Saint Ignatius particularly believed that feelings tell a lot about how God moves within a person. I believe that if we sense that somehow, after doing something, we achieve inner peace and joy from within, we responded to God's call!

This is what I pray, that God grant me the grace to truly follow Him, and not only feel inner peace, but spread this peace to others.
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saint Ignatius of Loyola, pray for us.
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very nice article..

Anonymous said...

a very nice article..