Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Curing Every Disease and Illness


MATTHEW 10:1-7

Jesus summoned his Twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits to drive them out and to cure every disease and every illness. The names of the Twelve Apostles are these: first, Simon called Peter, and his brother Andrew; James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew, Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James, the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddeus; Simon the Cananean, and Judas Iscariot who betrayed Jesus. Jesus sent out these Twelve after instructing them thus, "Do not go into pagan territory or enter a Samaritan town. Go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. As you go, make this proclamation: ‘The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.'"

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Right now, I am trying to recover from the trauma of reading lists of names.

You see, with the exam I flunked yesterday, I am quite feeling the same old feeling of sadness and disappointment: feelings that are quite usual for students in the College of Medicine. But I am praying hard that I may not dwell on those feelings but choose instead to find consolation in Christ, and to offer my efforts to God, no matter how deficient and unexcellent they may seem to be.

I pray that in the end, God may give me the authority to drive out demons and more importantly, to cure every disease and illness.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saint Giuseppe Moscati and Saint Ignatius of Loyola, pray for us.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

photo credits: http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/741/170567.JPG

1 comment:

Mary said...

First of all, thank you for this wonderful blog; I am also discerning a vocation to the religious life (hopefully as a Dominican sister), and I stumbled upon this blog via Holy Vocations.

Have you heard of St. Joseph of Cupertino? http://saints.sqpn.com/saintj04.htm
He's the patron saint of students and test-takers among other things.

You have my prayers as well (such as they are) for your vocation and success.

God Bless.