Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Through My Own Blood

If it is as it must be, thrust through my whole being your sword of unbelief, your gallows of despair, your thorns of loneliness; and witness how the warmth of faith, the fire of love and the ardor of devotion dumbfound all those who claim that my soul is too naive, my love is too given away, and my faith goes beyond all possible bounds.

If it is as it must be, take my mind and my soul savagely from a vessel so burdened of the yearning to be pure, of the longingness to be taken wholly unto eternal freedom, yet of the bitterness that seems gushing forth from a spirit seemingly frustrated with the trappings of the world.

If it will take that the faith of Christ should strengthen others, if by emulating Thy sacrifice I may help others to gain Thy everlasting Presence within them, if it is by so doing that I gain that elusive Spirit that is You, will it be a grace that souls are to ask of You?

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saint Jean de Brebeuf, Blessed Rupert Mayer and Saint John Ogilvie, pray for us.

No comments: