Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Roman Collar





Out of love for nothingness, within its midst a light
Through this, it speaks of how one man must carry through the fight
In between the darkness shines a light so bright and true
So must be a heart which darkness must never subdue.

Black may speak of nothingness, through which sad hearts plunge in
But it's in absence of all hue that peace may all seep in
Light that shines through one man's heart, as light must always be
The sum of all colors, such is white, that speaks of unity.

The call to wear such dignity, the goal to make all see
How efforts of a person's heart to preach with clarity
Never has by any chance ceased disturbing me
But what beauty this can ever be, please Lord, o, let this be.

I may never realize what reason this may lie
But God so speaks in words so deep that human reason dies
I do foresee that such a life seems just as how to die
But then, one may die and in the end to God his soul will rise.

Some may say that life may not be worth as it can be
If I may choose the path to life this collar gives to me
But never will a single moment pass with much regret
For if this life is God's desire, I'll pray than to forget.

For I believe that since the day my eyes have dared to see
My heart within has beating for the love He yearns for me
A love that beats to spread to all no matter how things go
A love so true that needs the collar, a love that this will show.

1:49 am, February 17, 2008

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saint Ignatius, pray for us.

No comments: